Programs for Finnish Institutions
Fulbright Center offers Finnish higher education institutions opportunities to host American students, lecturers and specialists on a Fulbright grant. The grant periods available range from a few days up to a full academic year.
The grants are awarded for all fields. However, proposals for medical research involving clinical training, patient care or patient contact are not eligible.
Inviting U.S. Scholars
The Fulbright Center awards grants to enable Finnish institutions of higher education to invite American scholars to hold temporary lecturing or lecturing/researching positions. The grants are awarded for periods ranging from a few days up to a full academic year.
- Instructions for Finnish institutions (in Finnish and English)
- Checklist for Finnish host institutions (in Finnish and English)
Grants for Short-term Visits
- Fulbright Specialists Program
- Inter-Country Travel Grant Invite current U.S. Fulbrighter from Europe to your home institution for a short lecturing visit.
Fulbright Distinguished Chairs Program
The links below direct you to pages designed for American scholar applicants.
- Fulbright Bicentennial Chair in American Studies
- Fulbright-Nokia Distinguished Chair in Information and Communications Technologies
- Fulbright-Aalto University Distinguished Chair
- The Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics
- Fulbright-Saastamoinen Foundation Distinguished Chair in Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases Research
Core Fulbright Scholar Program
(Formerly the Traditional Fulbright Scholar Program)
The links below direct you to pages designed for an American scholar applicant.
- Fulbright Core Scholar Program
- Fulbright-Haaga-Helia Scholar Award
- Fulbright-Saastamoinen Foundation Grant in Health and Environmental Sciences
- Fulbright-Tampere University of Technology Scholar Award
- Fulbright-University of Turku Scholar Award
- Fulbright-VTT Grant in Science, Technology and Innovation
- Fulbright-University of Tampere Scholar Award
Inviting U.S. Students
The Fulbright Center awards grants to American graduate students who hold a Master's or a Bachelor's degree. Academically talented graduating seniors may also apply before having the degree in hand.
The links below direct you to pages designed for an American student applicant
- Finnish Fulbright Program for U.S. Students
funded in cooperation with the Center for International Mobility (CIMO) of the Finnish Ministry of Education
The University of Helsinki sponsors an award
for a student admitted to one of their International Master's Degree Programs
Fulbright-University of Turku Graduate Award
for master's and doctoral level students and post doctorate students finalizing their thesis before starting the grant period
Fulbright-Lappeenranta University of Technology Graduate Award
for students who hold at least the Bachelor's degree before starting the Fulbright period
Fulbright Program for Teachers and Educators
The Distinguished Fulbright Awards in Teaching program recognizes and encourages excellence in teaching in the United States and abroad.
The link below directs you to a page designed for an American applicant
Current American Fulbright Grantees in Finland
American scholars and students are selected as Fulbright grantees to Finland each year. These individuals may also be invited to give guest lectures.