Inter-Country Travel Grant For U.S. Fulbrighters in Europe
U.S. Fulbright Scholars, Teachers and advanced PhD Students in Europe may take advantage of the Fulbright Inter-Country Travel Grant to create connections with your fellow scholars, colleagues and institutions in your field in Finland.
U.S. Fulbrighters in Finland may also benefit from Fulbright Inter-Country Travel Grant opportunities elsewhere in Europe. Please ask the inviting institution in your planned destination country to find out whether the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in that country offers Inter-Country Travel Grants.
Steps for a Finnish institution: Invite a Current U.S. Fulbrighter from Europe to Your Home Institution
For More Information:
+358 44 5535 286
American Fulbright lecturers and researchers represent the following fields:
Language and Literature
Physics and Astronomy
Inter-Country Travel Grant is easy to apply for and applications are reviewed by Fulbright Finland on a rolling basis. The IC grant funded by Fulbright Finland covers your travel expenses from your current host city in Europe to the IC host city in Finland. The Finnish institution is expected to cover other resulting expenses.
How to arrange an Inter-Country visit to Finland:
- Locate a higher education and/or research institution in Finland that you wish to visit. See for instance: Ministry of Education and research.fi.
- Get in touch with your potential host(s) in Finland, agree on the dates, content and practicalities of your visit and confirm the host institution’s willingness to finance your local expenses.
- Your Finnish host submits a travel grant application to Fulbright Finland in Helsinki.
- You and your Finnish hosts will receive a joint letter from Fulbright Finland with the grant decision and details of the grant as well as other important information to help with your travel plans. (The message will be cc’ed to the Fulbright commission in the country where you are currently residing as a Fulbright grantee, or to the US Embassy if you are a Fulbrighter in a European country that does not have a Fulbright Commission. This is simply to confirm that your host commission/Embassy have no objections to the travel.)
- After the visit, fill out the feedback form and your travel costs will be reimbursed either directly to you or to your host institution in Finland as agreed specifically in advance.
Please note that the inter-country visit must take place during the period of your Fulbright grant.
Please do not hesitate to contact Fulbright Finland directly with any questions. We look forward to hosting you in Finland!
This list includes information provided by Fulbright commissions in those European countries that participate in the Inter-Country Travel Grant Program. Detailed scholar information is available on the Fulbright commission website of each country.
Worldwide Scholar Directory
Approximately 250 American lecturers and researchers representing a variety of academic fields participate in the Fulbright Scholar Program in Europe. Thus, a specialist fitting your department's teaching may be close by. A list of each year's American Fulbright Scholars in the world will be published annually on October 1 on the Council for International Exchange of Scholars website.
Fulbright Scholars who are in European countries without a Fulbright Commission can also be found on this list and it is possible for Finnish institutions to apply for an Inter-Country grant for these grantees.
For Commission and Post use only: ECA funds form.
List of U.S. scholars in Europe for the previous academic years
- Total countries listed for 2015-2016: 23/23 + EU. See The list of American Fulbright scholars in Europe for the academic year 2015-2016 (xls)
- Total countries listed for 2014-2015: 23/24 + EU. SeeThe list of American Fulbright scholars in Europe for the academic year 2014-2015 (xls)
- Total countries listed for 2013-2014: 24/24 + EU. See The list of American Fulbright scholars in Europe for the academic year 2013-2014 (xls)
- Total countries listed for 2012-2013: 23/24 + EU. See the list of American Fulbright scholars in Europe for the academic year 2012-2013 (xls).
|For more information:
Fulbright Finland 044 5535 286