What You Can Do for Fulbright Finland
This is a list of concrete examples of how Fulbright Finland grantees can for their own part promote the Finnish-U.S. Fulbright program and academic collaboration between Finland and the United States. Fulbright grantees are welcome to choose the ways most suited to their own interests.
This list is based on original work done by Fulbright Finland Travel Grantees Erkko Sointu and Saeed Karimi-Aghdam in May 2015. The list is a work in progress and is continuously updated.
Get Social with Fulbright!
Do you have an interesting story to tell, a memory to share or a photo others just need to see? Tag us in your posts so we can learn about your experiences in Finland and share them with past, present and future Fulbrighters!
EASY THINGS TO DO TO GET STARTED
- Like/follow Fulbright Finland social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) that you use!
- Share information about your visit to Finland/the U.S. in relevant social media channels for your university and other academic contacts.
- If you write a blog or have a video blog during your visit to the U.S., please also share the link with Fulbright Finland.
- Include a short section about Fulbright Finland grant opportunities in Finland in connection with your presentations at the U.S. host university.
WHAT YOU CAN DO DURING YOUR FULBRIGHT
- U.S. Fulbrighters: You can take the take the time to visit Fulbright Finland to do a short video testimonial. Alternatively, you are also welcome to make the video yourself!
- Please prepare a hand-out to be shared at your host university on collaboration opportunities in Finland/the U.S. The hand-out can include, for example, information about research bios and pictures of researchers in your home unit or research project (or web links to such information). Encourage your hosts to prepare a similar hand-out to be shared with colleagues at your home institution upon your return.
- Please share information about upcoming academic events such as conferences and seminars in relevant academic fields in Finland/the U.S. with researchers at your host university
- Please share material on Fulbright Finland grant opportunities at your institution. Materials such as flyers are available from Fulbright Finland upon request.
- You can acknowledge your Fulbright grant in MA or PhD thesis or articles completed during your grant period.
WHAT YOU CAN DO AFTER YOUR FULBRIGHT
- Finnish Fulbrighters: You can take the take the time to visit Fulbright Finland to do a short video testimonial. Alternatively, you are also welcome to make the video yourself!
- You can invite people at your department to a gathering to share and discuss your experience in the U.S./Finland and to share information about Fulbright Finland.
- You can acknowledge your Fulbright grant in any MA or PhD thesis or articles resulting from your grant period.
TIPS FOR SCHOLARS
TIPS FOR STUDENTS