Map of the United States.

Short-Term Travel Grants to the U.S.

The Fulbright Finland Foundation offers short-term travel grants for researchers and other higher education representatives from Finland to travel to the United States for a maximum of three months. Travel grant applicants do not need to be Finnish citizens.

We offer travel grants for two different purposes:

  • For Research Collaboration
    • For researchers from Finland for advancing research in the applicant’s field as well as initiating or advancing institutional and research collaboration between Finland and the U.S.
  • For Institutional Partnership Building
    • For administrators and faculty for initiating or advancing institutional partnerships between the candidate’s Finnish home institution and U.S. host institution.