Fulbright Finland Partnership Award with University of South Florida provides you an opportunity to study in one of the following Master's programs:
- Marketing (Sports Management/Entrepreneurship, Supply Chain Management/General Marketing)
- Information Systems/Analytics
- Accounting (an undergraduate degree in Accounting from a U.S. institution required)
The candidate has an option to apply to USF as a degree-seeking student or as a non-degree seeking student. MBA or MS degree can be completed in three semesters of 2019-2020 (fall, spring, summer). Award is granted for one academic year (for fall and spring, summer is optional).
Candidate accepted in to one of the Master's program at the Muma College of Business and selected by Fulbright Finland to receive the Fulbright Finland Partnership Award with University of South Florida will receive the following:
Benefits from USF
- Tuition waiver (allows you to study without tuition fee)
- A position of a Graduate Assistant which provides the Assistant with a stipend of 12 500 USD/year. Graduate Assistanship requires 20-hour per week of work as a research assistant or administrative assistant at the Muma College of Business.
Benefits from the Fulbright Finland Foundation:
- Pre-Admission information and training session in Finland regarding graduate study in the U.S.
- Orientation training in Finland in the spring before departure to help prepare for studies at USF
- Personal advising services
- Free-of-charge U.S. visa and support in the visa process
- Access to Fulbright Finland's alumni network in Finland and in the U.S.
- Grant Award Ceremony together with all the other Fulbright Finland grantees
- Pre-Academic or Gateway Orientation in the U.S. before studies
- Fulbright Enrichment seminars in the U.S.
- ASPE supplemental emergency health benefit
- Candidate must have completed Bachelor's degree (University of Applied Science/University) by May 29, 2018. If you have completed all the required coursework for the Bachelor's degree, but have not yet received the actual degree by May 29 due to your home university administrative schedule, please submit an explanation about the situation and timetable to your Fulbright application.
- The Award cannot be granted to candidates who are already living in the U.S.
- Finnish citizenship is required.
There are two separate and independent application processes:
1. Review at the Fulbright Finland Foundation
- Submit an online application to Fulbright Finland by May 29, 2018, 12 am (Finnish time).
- Pre-selected candidates will be interviewed at the Fulbright Finland Foundation in Helsinki between August 15 and 18, 2018 (compulsory part of the selection). Interview invitations will be sent by email one week before the interviews take place.
- Interview results will be published by Mid-September 2018.
- Fulbright Application Form
- Fulbright Application Instructions
2. Application to the University of South Florida, Muma College of Business
- If you have been accepted as a candidate to this partnership award after Fulbright Finland review, apply to the USF Muma College of Business early fall 2018.
- USF makes rolling admission decisions, which means that admission decisions are made as soon as the application is completed.
- Inform Fulbright Finland right after receiving an admission decision from USF.
- USF Master's programs and application instructions at the Muma College of Business
- Contact person at Muma College of Business: Irene Hurst, Director of the MBA and Executive MBA programs, email: ihurst(a)usf.edu, tel. +1 813 974 3335.
- Muma College of Business graduate studies website
- University of South Florida website
A candidate that passes the Fulbright Finland review and is also accepted to one of the Master's program at the Muma College of Business will receive the Fulbright Finland Partnership Award with University of South Florida.
To get to know the ASLA-Fulbright program, its history and "Fulbright culture", listen a Yle Radio 1 program on the topic here.
Please see also the program history description here.
Please note that the awardee is provided with two full day orientations on September 2019 (TBC) and May 2020 (TBC) in Helsinki. The orientations are compulsory.
University of South Florida
Irina Hurst, Director
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 813 974 3335
What is the Fulbright Finland Foundation?
The Fulbright Finland Foundation is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization based in Helsinki, Finland. The Foundation’s aim is
- to promote a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents through educational contacts between Finland and the United States, and
- to support the internationalization of Finnish higher education institutions.
What Makes the Fulbright program unique?
- In addition to the grant, the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers the grantees several additional benefits and free support services, as well as an access to a global, multi-professional network.
- We are looking for applicants who want to impact the future and to make a difference – applicants who want to facilitate positive change, develop and advance their own profession or discipline, and find solutions to national and international challenges in their field.
- The grantees also act as ambassadors for the Fulbright Finland Foundation, their home country, and their home organization and, in this way, do their part in sharing their home country and culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.
Fulbright Finland Partnership Award with University of South Florida is part of the global Fulbright program operating in over 160 countries worldwide.