Info Session for Graduate Applicants to the U.S. (15:30-17:00)
Join this event and learn about graduate studies and research opportunities in the U.S., and what to consider when selecting suitable universities to match with your own professional goals through sharing from grantees and alumni of the Fulbright Finland Foundation. In this event, you will also learn about Fulbright Finland grant programs and how they can help you accomplish your plans.
The event is for everyone interested in master's or doctoral studies or research visits in the U.S.
Register for this event here.
- 15:30 What’s the Fulbright program about?
- 15:45 Introduction to graduate studies in the U.S. and Fulbright Finland Foundation Grant Programs for Graduate Studies and Research
- 16:05 Introduction and tips for the U.S. graduate school application process
- 16:20 Q&A
- 16:30 Panel Discussion: U.S. Professors’ Insights on Graduate Admission and Visiting Student Researcher Placement - Tips for Finnish Candidates
- 17:00 Event ends
- William Collins, current Fulbright-VTT Awardee in Science, Technology and Innovation, Associate Professor in Structural Engineering, University of Kansas
- Jean Mollenkamp Kjellstrand, current Core Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program grantee, Associate Professor in Criminology, University of Oregon
- Mira Hänninen, ASLA-Fulbright Graduate Grant grantee 2021-22
- Maija Lähteenkorva, current ASLA-Fulbright Graduate Grant grantee
- Irina Wang, current U.S. student grantee
You can watch the replay here: