- Making Democracies Resilient to Modern Threats Seminar in March
- Top Level Recognition for Fulbright Finland Foundation by Finnish Minister of Education Sanni Grahn-Laasonen and the U.S. Department of State Assistant Secretary Assistant Secretary Marie Royce.
- Supporting Partnership Building: the Foundation organized a Capacity Building Workshop in March, and partnered with EDUFI in the IIE Generation Study Abroad International Symposium (GSA) and in the programing for the IIE International Academic Partnership Program (IAPP) delegation visit to Finland in Helsinki in September.
- Four New Partnership Agreements with Finnish and U.S. Institutions
- Two Fulbright Finland Alumni named UNESCO Chairs
- Friends of Fulbright Finland American Alumni were honored to be invited to the Residence of the Finnish Ambassador, the Honorable Kirsti Kauppi, in November 2017 to join in a celebration of Finland’s Centennial year.
- Altogether 24 grant programs to the U.S.: 11 for students, 7 for researchers, 6 for professionals. Altogether 29 grant programs to Finland: 8 for students, 17 for researchers and 4 for professionals and specialists.
- Total of 87 grantees (39 Finnish grantees, 48 U.S. grantees)
- Over EUR 1,33 million awarded as grants, co-sponsored grants included
- Hundreds of active alumni in Finland and the United States serving as experts, academic reviewers, Board members, and in various other capacities related to the Fulbright Finland Foundation and its programs.
- In the U.S., there are about 650 Fulbright Finland U.S. alumni within the Friends of Fulbright Finland Network
- Total of 74 American alumni within the Welcome Network
- Total of 150 members in the ASLA-Fulbright Alumni Association
- 41 Finnish alumni participates in the Buddy Program
Fulbright Finland Statistics 2018
- Approximately 5 300 client contacts in total, event participants included, out of which over 1 200 Fulbright Speaker program participants. 44 % of all contacts, event participants included, were international educational professionals.
- 77 information sessions, seminars, conferences, and Fulbright Speaker Program sessions throughout Finland
- Website: 234 600 pageviews and 73 200 website visitors.
- Fulbright Finland News magazines: printed circulation 1 600 and digital reach over 2 700.
- Social media followers: Facebook 2 656; Twitter 901; Instagram 405; LinkedIn 312; YouTube 8 587 views
Core Funding (partnership awards not included)
- 76 % from Finland (Trust Fund, Finnish government, private foundations, Finnish universities, other)
- 24 % from the United States (16 % the U.S. government, 8 % other)