Map of the United States.

Short-Term Travel Grants to the U.S.

The Fulbright Finland Foundation offers two short-term travel grants for researchers and other higher education representatives from Finland to travel to the United States for a maximum of three months. The Foundation also implements a travel grant program for Finnish K-12 school leaders.

We offer travel grants for two different purposes for researchers and other higher education representatives (no Finnish citizenship requirement):

  • For Research Collaboration
    • For researchers from Finland for advancing research in the applicant’s field as well as initiating or advancing institutional and research collaboration between Finland and the U.S.
  • For Institutional Partnership Building
    • For administrators and faculty for initiating or advancing institutional partnerships between the candidate’s Finnish home institution and U.S. host institution.


For Finnish K-12 school leaders we offer the following travel grant program (Finnish citizenship requirement):