Grantee's Ambassadorial Role
The Fulbright Finland Foundation’s grantees act as ambassadors of Finland and the Foundation in the U.S., sharing their culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.
The Fulbright Finland Renewal Grant recipients are engaged in the Foundation's outreach activities while in the U.S. In this role, the grantees share information in their own networks on the Foundation's grant programs to Finland for U.S. students, scholars, and professionals. The Foundation has prepared materials which the grantees can use in their promotional activities. As ambassadors of the program, the grantees also have an opportunity to share their grantee experience with the new grant applicants, for example, by writing a blog post, news article, or a social media post for one of the Foundation's communication channels.
The size and the number of the grants awarded may vary as they are dependent on available funding each year.
The application cycle for academic year 2023-24 is now closed.
Graduate students, please note that before submitting your grant application, you need to be in contact with IIE to arrange your visa matters for your studies for the following academic year.
The Fulbright Finland Foundation makes decisions on the Fulbright Finland Renewal Grants by the end of June. The Fulbright-Technology Industries of Finland program has its own notification time in late August or early September.
The grant will be paid to the grantee in September.
The following criteria will be used in the selection of the grant recipients:
- Contribution to the objectives of the Fulbright Finland Foundation grant program, documented by the grantee’s reports, e-mails, and other contacts to the Foundation throughout the grant year, and a statement enclosed with the renewal grant application.
- Financial need.
- Academic qualifications and satisfactory progress of the study project.
Grantees should send their application via the links below to the Fulbright Finland Foundation by June 4, 2023. A complete application includes:
- Application form
- Justifications. Attach a short letter (max 500 words) in English stating why you are applying for the Renewal Grant. As an ambassador of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs, please detail your involvement and activities promoting the grant programs and/or educational exchange while in the U.S. so far. Please also include your plans for the next academic year for promoting the program.
- Brief supporting statement (200-500 words) from your academic supervisor.
How to submit the application?
Submit the application and justification letter here by the deadline. Please note that the application form and the supporting statement need to be signed. Please type the documents if possible. The supporting statement can be submitted here.
What is the Fulbright Finland Foundation?
The Fulbright Finland Foundation is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization based in Helsinki, Finland. The Foundation’s aim is
- to promote a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents through educational contacts between Finland and the United States, and
- to support the internationalization of Finnish higher education institutions.
What Makes the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs unique?
- In addition to the grant, the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers the grantees several additional benefits and free support services, as well as access to a global, multi-professional network.
- We are looking for applicants who want to impact the future and to make a difference – applicants who want to facilitate positive change, develop and advance their own profession or discipline, and find solutions to national and international challenges in their field.
- The grantees also act as ambassadors for the Fulbright Finland Foundation, their home country, and their home organization and, in this way, do their part in sharing their home country and culture while contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.