Grantee's Ambassadorial Role
The Fulbright Finland Foundation’s grantees act as ambassadors of Finland and the Fulbright Finland Foundation in the U.S. sharing their culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.
The Fulbright Finland Renewal Grant recipients are engaged in the Foundation's outreach activities while in the U.S. In this role, the grantees share in their own networks information on the Foundation's grant programs for the U.S. students, scholars and professionals to Finland. The Foundation has prepared material which the grantees can use in their promotional activities. As ambassadors of the program, the grantees have also an opportunity to share their grantee experience with the new grant applicants, for example, by writing a blog, news article or a social media post for the Foundation's communication channels.
The size and the number of the grants awarded may vary as they are dependent on available funding each year.
Application deadline for 2020-2021 period is June 3, 2020.
Graduate students, please note that before submitting your grant application, you need to be in contact with IIE to arrange your visa matters for your studies in the following academic year.
Fulbright Finland Foundation makes decisions on the Fulbright Finland Renewal Grants by the end of June. Fulbright-Technology Industries of Finland program has its own notification time in late August-early September.
The grant will be paid to the grantee in September.
The following criteria will be used in the selection of the grant recipients:
- Contribution to the objectives of the Fulbright Finland Foundation grant program, documented by the grantee’s reports, e-mails, and other contacts to the Fulbright Finland Foundation throughout the grant year, and a statement enclosed with the renewal grant application.
- Financial need.
- Academic qualifications and satisfactory progress of the study project.
Grantees should send their application to the Fulbright Finland Foundation by June 3, 2020. A complete application includes:
- Application form
- Justifications. Attach a short letter (max 500 words) in English stating why you are applying for the Renewal Grant. As an ambassador of the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs, please detail your involvement and activities promoting the grant programs and/or educational exchange while in the U.S. so far. Please also include your plans for the next academic year for promoting the program.
- Brief supporting statement (200-500 words) from your academic supervisor.
Applications, justifications and statement from the supervisor can be e-mailed to [email protected]. Please note that the application form and the supporting statement need to be signed. Please type the documents if possible.
What is the Fulbright Finland Foundation?
The Fulbright Finland Foundation is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization based in Helsinki, Finland. The Foundation’s aim is
- to promote a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents through educational contacts between Finland and the United States, and
- to support the internationalization of Finnish higher education institutions.
What Makes the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs unique?
- In addition to the grant, the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers the grantees several additional benefits and free support services, as well as an access to a global, multi-professional network.
- We are looking for applicants who want to impact the future and to make a difference – applicants who want to facilitate positive change, develop and advance their own profession or discipline, and find solutions to national and international challenges in their field.
- The grantees also act as ambassadors for the Fulbright Finland Foundation, their home country, and their home organization and, in this way, do their part in sharing their home country and culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.