The size and the number of renewal grants awarded may vary as they are dependent on available funding each year.
Application deadline for 2019-2020 period is June 2, 2019.
Graduate students, please note that before submitting your Renewal grant application, you need to be in contact with IIE to arrange your visa matters for your studies in the following academic year.
Fulbright Finland makes decisions on the renewal grants by the end of June. Fulbright-Technology Industries of Finland program has its own notification time in late August-early September.
The grant will be paid to the grantee in September.
The following criteria will be used in the selection of the renewal grant recipients:
- Contribution to the objectives of the Fulbright program, documented by the grantee’s reports, e-mails, and other contacts to the Fulbright Finland throughout the Fulbright year, and a statement enclosed with the renewal grant application.
- Financial need.
- Academic qualifications and satisfactory progress of the study project.
Grantees should send their application to the Fulbright Finland by June 2, 2019. A complete application includes:
- Application form
- Justifications. Attach a short letter (max 500 words) in English stating why you are applying for the renewal grant. Please detail your involvement and activities promoting the Fulbright program and/or educational exchange while in the U.S. so far.
- Brief supporting statement (200-500 words) from your academic supervisor.
Applications, justifications and statement from the supervisor can be sent by e-mail ([email protected]) or mail to the Fulbright Finland, ATTN: Karoliina Kokko. Please note that the application form and the supporting statement need to be signed. Please type the documents if possible.
What is the Fulbright Finland Foundation?
The Fulbright Finland Foundation is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization based in Helsinki, Finland. The Foundation’s aim is
- to promote a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents through educational contacts between Finland and the United States, and
- to support the internationalization of Finnish higher education institutions.
What Makes the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs unique?
- In addition to the grant, the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers the grantees several additional benefits and free support services, as well as an access to a global, multi-professional network.
- We are looking for applicants who want to impact the future and to make a difference – applicants who want to facilitate positive change, develop and advance their own profession or discipline, and find solutions to national and international challenges in their field.
- The grantees also act as ambassadors for the Fulbright Finland Foundation, their home country, and their home organization and, in this way, do their part in sharing their home country and culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.