From its modest beginning as a U.S.-Finland program designed to reinvest Finland’s loan payments in the country’s future, to its present status as one of the world’s most prestigious bilateral exchange programs, Fulbright Finland exemplifies Finland’s success story. Since its inception, over 5 900 students, scholars, researchers, artists, and professionals, Finns and Americans alike, have taken part in the profound experience of personal growth and advancement through academic and cultural exchange, pushing the boundaries of science and research, and adding to all areas of human creativity.
Our two countries continue to benefit greatly from the accomplishments of these Fulbrighters.
Annually, approximately 100 individuals are added to the roster of Fulbright Finland grantees, and we are not at our capacity yet. Only lacking are funds to support the grant programs. So we reach out to you, alumni, friends, and partners of the Fulbright Finland Foundation, to join this endeavor by making your donation to the endowment or by establishing a new grant program. With your generous support we can continue to provide even more talented and ambitious people the opportunity to act as change-makers and make positive contributions to our world.
Create a Change by Making a Financial Gift
Your donation can be of any size. Every gift makes a real difference. Be it 20 or 20 000 euros or anything in between or beyond, everyone can have an important part in Fulbright Finland’s future. Help us illuminate a life!
If you wish to donate to the Fulbright Finland Foundation in U.S. dollars in the United States, this is possible through an arrangement with our partner, the Institute of International Education in New York. IIE is a 501(c)(3) organization and will provide you with the letter documenting your donation for tax purposes.
- Donate online through the IIE website: www.iie.org/Donate/Where-to-give/Fulbright-Assistance-Funds. Please select one of the two Fulbright Finland Funds:
- Friends of Fulbright Finland (FoFF) Alumni Enrichment Fund (supporting U.S. alumni returning to Finland to continue their collaborations)
- Fulbright Finland Centennial Fund (funding future Fulbright Finland grants for Finns and Americans)
- Donate by mail: download and fill in the donation form and mail it to the IIE address provided in the form.
- Make a contribution to our endowment in Finland: Please contact Fulbright Finland for more details.
Please contact us if you would like information about including Fulbright in your estate planning. We would sincerely appreciate hearing from you and gladly cooperate with you to help you realize your goals.