International Strategic Partnerships and Engagement
Thursday, April 15, 2021
17:00-18:15 Helsinki (GMT+2)
10:00-11:15 Washington, DC
7:00-8:15 San Francisco
In 2020 we saw borders close and international academic mobility interrupted. How can international strategic partnerships survive or thrive? This webinar addresses the importance of higher education partnerships between the United States and other countries. Speakers discuss current challenges of maintaining and building partnerships and give practical tips for reflecting on the main goals of strategic partnerships to guide future relations.
This webinar is part of the "Internationalization of Higher Education in the COVID-19 Era" series jointly organized by the Department of State’s USA Study Abroad branch, the Fulbright Finland Foundation, and the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA). These activities support U.S. study abroad and are funded by the U.S. Government through a Study Abroad Engagement Grant from USA Study Abroad within the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
- Jane Gatewood, Vice Provost for Global Engagement, University of Rochester
- Anna Grönlund, Head of Internationalization & Higher Education Policy, Division of Policy & Planning, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Additional resources from the speakers:
- Jane Gatewood: Data for International Partnership Development
- EAIE COVID-19 resources | EAIE – Resources from the European Association for International Education (EAIE)
- Internationalization in Action (acenet.edu) – Resources from the American Council on Education (ACE)
- NAFSA's Guide to International Partnerships – Guidebook edited by Jane Gatewood