Can I sign up even though I’m not certain of my participation?
Your spot is confirmed once you have paid the Journey registration fee.
Can my children attend?
One additional, over 18 years old, family member per participant is allowed.
What is the minimum and maximum number of participants?
What if the group is already full when I register?
Registrations will be on a first come first served basis, if the group is already full when you register, you will be added on the waiting list and informed about this. We will inform you as soon as possible if there are available spots.
Can I arrange a meeting with my professional contacts?
Yes, outside the Journey program. Please note that the Journey program requires active participation.
What if I/my spouse cannot participate in the full program?
Full and active program participation is required from all participants.
How can I present this Alumni Journey to my Academic Dean/supervisor/other for financial assistance?
This Journey will allow you to:
- Represent your higher education institution with the Fulbright Finland Foundation stakeholders
- List of the different partners and institutions will be published here after their participation is confirmed
- Present your current research and connect it with your Fulbright Finland project
- Develop, maintain, and create new linkages, research collaborations and student/staff exchanges
- Promote Finnish/American academic and knowledge exchange
- Renew contacts with host institutions, research colleagues, and Fulbright contacts
What is included in the price?
- Breakfasts, lunches, and dinners as specified in itinerary above during the course of the trip; and
- Accommodation in a shared room, excl. weekend of June 18-19 (single room with additional costs)
- Local transportation as in the program (excl. Weekend of June 19-20); and
- All activities, sightseeing, and entry fees listed in the itinerary; and
- all organizing costs related to the Alumni Journey program.
What is not included in the price?
- Flights to and from Helsinki
- Transportation to and from the airport
- International medical and travel insurance (we require that each participant arrange for their own travel, health and liability insurance).
- Costs associated with trip interruption or modification due to weather, travel conditions, political/civil disputes, medical emergencies or other cause beyond our control.
- Medical expenses
- Food and beverage other than that specified in travel itinerary
- Expenses of a purely personal nature (including cab fares, laundry, souvenirs, room service, and other personal items).
How do I pay?
Wire transfer can be made to the Fulbright Finland Foundation account in USD.
Travel and Residence Permit
Does it matter which airline I use?
No, you can use whichever airline you choose
Can I arrive earlier and stay after the Journey in Finland?
Yes, you are responsible on your own itinerary outside the Rediscover Suomi Journey.
Do I need a visa/Residence Permit?
Please find the latest info: https://finlandabroad.fi/web/usa/find-out-if-you-need-a-visa