As the applicant is filling their electronic application for a Fulbright Visiting Scholar program, they will be asked for recommendation letters from people who know them professionally. They will do this by completing the recommender’s name, email, institution and title in the application. Once the applicant has submitted the information of the recommender, an email will be sent to the recommender immediately. Please note that the message is the same for the recommenders of the Mid-Career Professional Development (MCPD) program applicants as well. The message will have instructions on how to submit your letter of recommendation.
Following are some guidelines for writing your letter of recommendation:
- Briefly state how you know the applicant and for how long.
- Discuss the candidate’s professional qualifications for the award.
- For teaching or teaching/research awards only: Discuss the applicant’s teaching and the applicant’s ability to interact with students and others in an academic setting.
- Discuss the applicant’s communication skills.
- Discuss potential significance of proposed project.
- Discuss the applicant’s ability to function as a cultural ambassador, including the applicant’s collegiality, cultural adaptability, and sensitivity.
- Discuss the applicant’s ability to make an impact on his/her field.
- Discuss your overall assessment of the candidate.
You will be able to preview the recommendation, save it for later, or submit it. Please note that you may not edit your recommendation after submission.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Fulbright Finland Foundation at office (a) Fulbright.fi.