U.S. Fulbrighters in Finland may also benefit from Fulbright Inter-Country Travel Grant opportunities elsewhere in Europe. Please ask the inviting institution in your planned destination country to find out whether the Fulbright Commission or U.S. Embassy in that country offers Inter-Country Travel Grants.
Inter-Country Travel Grant is easy to apply for and applications are reviewed by Fulbright Finland on a rolling basis. The IC grant funded by Fulbright Finland covers your travel expenses from your current host city in Europe to the IC host city in Finland. The Finnish institution is expected to cover other resulting expenses.
Please note that the grant does not cover additional costs of the visit, such as food, accommodation, local transport during the visit, and other local expenses. The Finnish host and the Fulbrighter are expected to agree in advance on who will be responsible for these additional costs.
How to arrange an Inter-Country visit to Finland:
- Locate a higher education and/or research institution in Finland that you wish to visit. See for instance: Ministry of Education.
- Get in touch with your potential host(s) in Finland, agree on the dates, content and practicalities of your visit and confirm the host institution’s willingness to finance your local expenses.
- Your Finnish host submits a travel grant application to Fulbright Finland in Helsinki.
- You and your Finnish hosts will receive a joint letter from Fulbright Finland with the grant decision and details of the grant as well as other important information to help with your travel plans. (The message will be cc’ed to the Fulbright commission in the country where you are currently residing as a Fulbright grantee, or to the US Embassy if you are a Fulbrighter in a European country that does not have a Fulbright Commission. This is simply to confirm that your host commission/Embassy have no objections to the travel.)
- After the visit, fill out the feedback form and your travel costs will be reimbursed either directly to you or to your host institution in Finland as agreed specifically in advance.
Please note that the inter-country visit must take place during the period of your Fulbright grant.
Please do not hesitate to contact Fulbright Finland directly with any questions. We look forward to your visit in Finland!
Phone: +358 44 703 5284