Short-term Flex grants to Finland are available for teaching and teaching/research in two segments, each a minimum of two months, over two consecutive academic years, during the fall and/or spring semesters. Applicants should clearly indicate plans for their Flex grant in their project statements.
Please see the IIE/CIES website for more information of the Flex Awards.
Short-term Flex grants for teaching and research for two to three-month segments over two consecutive academic years are available during the fall and/or spring semesters for those applying in the Seeking Solutions for Global Challenges Award, Fulbright-Saastamoinen Foundation Award in Health and Environmental Sciences, Fulbright-Hanken Distinguished Chair in Business and Economics award, and All Disciplines award. Find out more in the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Catalog of Awards for Finland.
What is the Fulbright Finland Foundation?
The Fulbright Finland Foundation is a private, independent, not-for-profit organization based in Helsinki, Finland. The Foundation’s aim is
- to promote a wider exchange of knowledge and professional talents through educational contacts between Finland and the United States, and
- to support the internationalization of Finnish higher education institutions.
What Makes the Fulbright Finland Foundation programs unique?
- In addition to the grant, the Fulbright Finland Foundation offers the grantees several additional benefits and free support services, as well as an access to a global, multi-professional network.
- We are looking for applicants who want to impact the future and to make a difference – applicants who want to facilitate positive change, develop and advance their own profession or discipline, and find solutions to national and international challenges in their field.
- The grantees also act as ambassadors for the Fulbright Finland Foundation, their home country, and their home organization and, in this way, do their part in sharing their home country and culture and contributing to the relations between Finland and the U.S.
Fulbright Flex Awards for U.S. Scholars program is part of the global Fulbright program operating in over 160 countries worldwide.